2 Day Attention Autism
Attention Autism is a 2 day foundation level course for professionals, that focuses on the practical aspects of intervention, team work and learning. The programme targets the teaching of attention, communication and social interaction skills
Course outcomes :
- An understanding of how to engage children with autism
- How to teach children with autism to focus, sustain and shift their attention
- An understanding of how to teach, encourage and support communication
- An understanding of how to foster group learning skills
- An understanding of how to embed early social interaction skills into group work
- How to set up and run the intervention with groups of children
- How to nurture the supporting team working with you
- How to modify and adapt levels of stimulation/distraction in a group setting
- How to use shared good times with the group and staff team working together in highly engaging activities to build relationships and trust
- A framework that encourages breadth and depth in learning for those who find linear progression challenging
- To provide activities with a high density of learning opportunities
Benefits to a staff team:
Confident and fluent use of:
- Dynamic visually supported communication skills
- Adapted and modified language to increase understanding and spontaneous expressive communication
- Engagement as a fundamental technique for tackling behaviour problems
- Techniques that encourage children to develop self regulation skills
- Demonstration and modelling
- Delivery of activities that inspire children’s attention and motivate communication
- Techniques and activities that target individual and curriculum objectives
- Importantly this approach will help you plant shared good memories that underpin good relationships, communication and learning.
- Create exciting and joyful times together – the best way for everyone to learn!
Day 1 - 10th December 2019
Day 2 - 10th March 2020
9.30am - 4.00pm both days
Please note - This is a 2 day course. You must be available to attend both training dates.
Day 1 and Day 2 are separated to allow attendees to set up and start the intervention using the first two stages before returning to learn the rest of the programme.
Please bring your own lunch. Refreshments will be provided through the day.
Venue: Portfield School, Christchurch, BH23 6BP